Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Confessions of a PR Intern: Day 1

Welcome to my weekly blog about my journey through my first PR internship!

So! Today I started my first day as an Intern at Portobello PR in Paddington. My day was filled with amazement to say the least. I felt like a 16 year old Carrie Bradshaw except 7 years older!

Firstly, everything I've learnt in my degree so far and things I've taught myself along the way if the PR industry have been so helpful! I'm praise my research and dedication skills!

When I woke up at 6.35 am and made my way into the city, I was filled with nerves and excitement. Everything changed when I walked through those doors because my nerves turned into excitement and I was glad I made the decision to FINALLY intern.

From what my first day taught me, it's hard to think about what the rest of my time there is going to teach me and the experience I am going to get.

What I did: preparation of gift bags for an event, search for fashion bloggers in Melbourne, find media contacts for a campaign, unpack send outs, merchandise the showroom and bond with the bosses dog, so cute!

What I wore: Beige high wasted tiger print pants, basic black tee, black jacket with silver studs and basic black ballet flats (no heels today!)

Stay tuned for my weekly post about what I get up to during my internship, where I hope to help those like me get rid of the nerves and focus on making an impression instead.

Until next time..

Anna X